Tuesday, July 16, 2013

May 20, 2013


Sanderson Family,                                                                                   05/20/2013

This week was a test of faith as we prepared the Robles family for their baptisms this coming Sunday. Hermana Francisca is still really nervous and apprehensive about entering into this covenant  She already lives all the commandments and even paid her tithing this past week.  But for some reason she still wont commit to be baptized this Sunday. Members have been  helping us out a lot by helping us resolve her doubt. She came to the baptismal service this past Sunday and loved it so much. We thought for sure that would resolve any problems. We had her interviewed to see if there might be a flaw in our teaching and she passed with flying colors. After the interview I went on splits with Hermano Orozco to her house. We taught about revelation through prayer and had her kneel in prayer and asked God if she was ready to be baptized. Right as the words fell from her lips the Spirit filled the room. Francisca even admitted that she felt it..but still is nervous. So heartbreaking when people deny spiritual experiences like that.

I have been thinking a lot about dear Francisca and what could possibly be missing in her conversion. Something that I feel we all might lack but I believe is stopping her is faith. She like many of us lack faith. She is afraid of falling into sin after her baptism...a common doubt from almost every investigator. A cool scripture that I found during my personal study about the changing power of baptism is in Ezekiel 11: 19-20  we read: "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart  of flesh. That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances:  and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God."
This is the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It changes us as well as out desire, but only if we allow it to. Through our faith we can bring to pass many miracles...in others and in ourselves. Please keep this dear sister in your prayers. I know the Lord will provide the way for this woman to be baptized this Sunday.

Con amor,

Elder Sanderson

ps. Feliz Cumplianos Stacie! sorry i forgot ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment