Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 8, 2013


Sanderson Family,                                                                                     7/08/2013

Thanks for your letter mom,  I was glad to hear that you had a fun time in Lake Powell. That's a bummer that Jeff messed up his arm, hopefully he didn't whine about it too much ;) Usually I would be bummed by the fact that I couldn't go to the square and eat but I must brag and say that the Mexican food down here is so so so much better. The members spoiled us with copious amounts of Chile Reyenos and Barbacoa tacos!

This week we made some wonderful progress with our investigators Robert and Jennifer. They love the church and already have great friendships with the ward members. Robert even woke up early to come and help with the ward's 4th of July breakfast. haha I thought only good ol' Rupert did those. He loved it and cooked almost all the pancakes. He used to work at P.F. Changs so I guess he can cook. I don't remember if I said it in my last email but they are not married and need to do so to be baptized. They are willing to get married but not right now. They want a huge party and celebration and don't have the funds to do that so they want to wait a little bit until they can do that. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and how our small decisions that we make in this life really will bring about eternal consequences. We read 2 Nephi 2:27 with them, it talks about how we are free to choose freedom and happiness in this life or captivity and sadness. We then asked them what they wanted to choose right now. They were still a little apprehensive so we committed them to pray and ask the lord to help them overcome their doubts. The next morning Robert calls me and gives me the great news that they are going to get married! They are so awesome! Money has been a real struggle for them so now buying the marriage license is the next step. Robert repairs windshields for a living and so he gets paid depending on how many people need a repair that day. Since they called us he has had crazy amounts of customers and ever became the manager at the business. The best part is that he realizes that these blessing are coming because they chose to follow the commandments.

Daisy is doing good and progressing. She accepted to be baptized this coming Sunday so please keep her in your prayers. She is just scared so we are praying for a miracle.

I had an interview with President Maluenda. I love the man and he is going to be perfect for the Great Texas McAllen Mission. He must of read the last letter I sent you because all the advice he gave me was "enjoy your mission, don't suffer it" and "fill yourself with faith." I'm really looking forward to working with him. I miss President Trayner but its cool to see how different people have different ways to bring to pass the gathering of Israel. Hope all is well :)

con amor,

Elder Sanderson
Texas McAllen Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment