Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Week 21


Sanderson Family,                                                                                        12/10/2012

Thanks for the continuation of the Christmas countdown calendar thingy haha its so awesome to hear of the wonderful experiences everyone is having. Its so painful to only open 1 a-day haha. Thanks for the anxiety complexes ;) Love you all so much. I just bought your presents today (haha with my birthday money so enjoy) and I will send it as soon as I can get access to the post office. There is only one in Laredo and its way up north so we never get to go to it. Sorry for the lack of details in my letter. We get close to no time to email, but I will try and improve.

This week was awesome for the area of Rio Bravo.  We found 3 wonderful families,  The Cienfuegos, Ladezmas, and la Familia de la Rosa! We found them early in the week so we had plenty of time throughout the week to sit down with them and teach them the importance of church attendance  They all committed to come to church and were very excited! So Sunday comes around and sure enough all of them showed up! This was the first time since July of this year that this area has had people with baptismal dates at church! There were 12 of them all there and I am so excited because usually when someone attends church, their likely-hood of them getting baptized is much improved. This area hasn't baptized in a while and I feel as though that is why President Trayner has sent us here.

I had to give a talk in Spanish branch this last Sunday on Faith. I translated some back into English for you so enjoy haha :)

We have an important labor, you and I.  Let us harness the power of faith.  Do we really believe?  Do we act each moment like we really believe?  Do we have the faith to call down miracles upon our homes, our families, and our friends?  Do we really have the faith it takes to hasten the work?

I close this email with a quote from Elder Boyd K. Packer about faith:

"I recognize two kinds of faith.  The first is the kind which is apparent in the world.  It is the common denominator of most everything that goes on.  It is the thing that lets us exist.  It is the thing that gives us some hope of getting anything done.  Everyone has it, some in a large measure than others.  The second kind of faith, remarkably rare, unusual to find, is the kind of faith that causes things to happen.  Faith is a power as real as electricity except a thousand times more powerful." (Your Articles of Faith, BYU Speeches, March 21, 1962).

Brothers and Sisters, I pray that we might develop that "second kind of faith."  It is within each of us.  It is for us to discover.  It is for us to cultivate and nourish.  It is for us to magnify and give glory to He whose Spirit and priesthood rule the heavens.

I will be able to call you Christmas day after 7 because then minutes will be free. That's 7 my time so I think its at 6 for you guys...more details to follow once I find out more.

Love you all! Que tegan un buen dia!                           
Elder Craig Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment