Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week 18

Dear Family,

Greetings from Laredo! This is the coolest place on earth haha I have only been here a week but I can already tell that it is a land of miracles. Elder Magallanes and I "whitewashed" this area and are starting the build this area. Whitewashing is when they take both the old missionaries out and place 2 brand new ones in the area. So my companion and I have really nothing to work with or any prior knowledge of the area. So Tuesday night Elder Magallanes and I knelt down and prayed that we would be able to baptize in this area. Then Wednesday morning we got to work and the Lord blessed us abundantly! We found 14 new investigators that have committed to be baptized on December 16! This area hasn't baptized in over a year so we are hoping to change all of that. 

In my area almost everyone speaks Spanish, which is ok, there is just one problem...none of them sound the same. They have all immigrated from all over south America and have the craziest accents so for me its pretty hard to follow along at times. Luckily Elder Magallanes is a native speaker so he helps out alot. My Spanish is coming along great and has improved alot now that I am forced to speak it 24/7.

I have been asked to teach the Gospel Principles class next week on Sunday in the Spanish Branch so pray haha...alot. It should go great, I teaching the law of Chasity...fun huh? Lame! but it will be good practice haha everyone needs to hear that lesson again here. Thanks for all that you have done! I haven't got to read your letters yet but I will when we get home. Love You!

les amo

Elder Sanderson

p.s. hey could you send me some cash? Because we have no atms in our area and people here only accept cash for things

Also, could you guys mail me your letters? i just found out that we can't print them off so from now on could you do that for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment