Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week 17


Mis Familia y amigos,                                                                             11/12/2012

So transfers are tomorrow and I am sad to say...but I am leaving Kingsville :( My new area will be called Rio Bravo (the Mexican version of the rio grande) in Laredo! Its right on the border and about 3 or 4 blocks from the Rio Grande. Its like every missionary's dream to be in this area or the next one over called South Gate. So I am pretty stoked but I am going to miss the wonderful people here in Kingsville. They are all so dear to me and I hope I can visit them again. I don't know my new address yet so I will send it to you all next Monday. Its 100% Spanish speaking so I am really stoked for that. Hopefully this will get the remaining "gringo" out of me haha. My new companion is named Elder Magallanes and he is the district leader down there, he is training me to be the district leader there after he leaves so fun fun fun!

This last week that I had here in Santa Gertrudis has been pretty wild. Since Thursday I have been almost bed-ridden with a high fever that seems to be spreading through the town. The highest thermometer reading I got was about 103 degrees haha. But I survived and Sister Trayner was up in Corpus and drove down and took care of me haha. But I am feeling better and got a few days of work here in my last week in my "greenie" area. It feels nice to leave the area much improved since I came in. The Lord has blessed my openly with success here.

For my birthday the Ward threw me and Elder Hunt a party before we both left (Elder Hunt is going home). It was legit and awesome to see the ward finally excited about something to do with Missionaries haha. Maybe they were just excited we were leaving, who knows, but nevertheless it was a blast. I loved receiving all of your yummy birthday treats! Elder Bybee and I now probably have diabetes from all the sweets, but that won't slow us down one bit. We just baked the Pumpkin pie this morning so we will have to taste it later today and see how it turned out! Love you all so much and thanks for all the support and birthday wishes. Y'all the best! haha

Les Quiero,

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment