Tuesday, April 16, 2013

4/15/2013


Querida Familia,                                                                                     April 15, 2013

Another week has passed in good ol' Rio Bravo. Besides the ungodly weather everything was awesome. Hope everything was legit back at home. Thanks for the package and all the yummy dulces (candies). I haven't gained any weight on my mission yet but I'm guessing that soon will change. I might have to hit the bike up a little more.

This week our recent convert Mellisa Sanchez was confirmed! She is pretty shy so for her to go up in front of everyone was a pretty big feat for her. We had one of Southgate's recent converts confirm her. He had just recently received the Melchizedek priesthood the week earlier. It was his first time but he did great. haha he forgot a few words and started to panic but he held it together.

So with the ever increasing number of Sister missionaries coming out into the field the need for more sister areas has been a problem. They usually get the nicer areas away from the border and so my district just opened 2 more sister areas and just doubled in size haha. I am now the District Leader of what we call a "Relief Society" and so I'm the relief society president. haha pray for me...I've never worked with sister missionaries before. There are 4 of them, 2 are being trained and just turned 19. They are fun and bring a different feel to the district. Its funny how much more focused and professional the Elders act around Sisters. So yeah with all this change we get to re-name our area. I was thinking "Abundancia" (the land bountiful) or "Los Presidentes" (a name after one of the gangs here) or Santa Rita (a name of a main street) or Southmost (because its the most south...clever right) we can keep it as Rio Bravo (the fierce river) haha any opinions?

This week I contracted this crazy infection on my tongue called "Thrush", Its pretty nasty but Sister Trayner said she would get me some stuff to fix it. They think it was caused by eating too much spicy food so for the next 2 weeks I can't eat anything hot...so basically nothing in Laredo. The members have been awesome and have been feeding me some more mild type of cuisine. They brought this cool medicine from Mexico for me to try but I am a bit skeptical about trying it. Called President and he didn't think it was such a good idea. But yeah I am alive and well :)

Transfers are this next week and I have no idea if I am leaving or not. So yeah just send stuff to the mission home if you need to. Thanks for everything. Que tengan un buen semana!

Que Dios les bengia,

Elder Sanderson
Texas McAllen Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment