Tuesday, April 16, 2013

3/25/2013


Sanderson Family,                                                                                         3/25/2013

As always it was so nice to hear from you all. haha I am glad you liked the Taylor Swift quote. I got it from her "Speak Now" album case back at home. I took a picture of it so I would have the quote with me.

Another awesome week here in the Celestial Kingdom of Rio Bravo. This past Sunday i was blessed with the opportunity to confirm Santa Cestou a member of the Church. So funny story...we always taught Santa in spanish, but she always attended english branch because she knew some of the members there anyways.  So I began the confirmation and I guess like half-way through I switched to spanish and then ended the blessing. I didn't realize it until Elder Wilding told me, but yeah I was sorta embarrassed. Luckily most people here are bi-lingual so they understood the blessing. Also this Sunday, Mellisa, Lupita and Jackie were all interviewed for their baptisms this next Sunday. They all did so wonderful! The only problem is that Lupita needs to be interviewed with President Trayner before baptism so we are unsure if she will be baptized this coming weekend. Please keep her in your prayers :)

This past week Elder Bosselman and I went on exchanges in my area and found this awesome woman named Monica. Shes 30 yrs old and was just recently divorced from her husband and is without a job. The man basically dropped her and left her helpless. The Lord has truly prepared her and her 3 kids (only 1 is baptismal age). She started crying like 3 minutes into the lesson. She even accepted to be baptized before we had even said the opening prayer. As missionaries we do what we call "How to Begin Teaching" which is basically where we state our purpose and set expectations with the investigator and give a short over-view of what we are going to teach them. Well as we were giving the over-view we told her we were going to talk about baptism and at the end of the lesson we were going to commit her to be baptized. right after we said that she said, "well can I say yes now?" So she and her young daughter accepted a baptismal date for the 21st of April and are progressing very well.

thank you so much for the support :) Hope all is well.

con amor,

Elder Sanderson
Texas McAllen Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment