Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Week 14


Dear Family,                                                                                             10/15/2012

This week in the great TMM has been full of tender mercies of our Lord.  Elder Bybee and I had a hard week last week and we prayed and fasted for the Lord to help us turn that around. We worked hard and our Savior has blessed us with wonderful families to teach and who have accepted the Gospel. One of these families is the Medrano Family. This family had been investigating the Church on and off for about 9 years and have never committed to a baptismal date. We were going through our area book and found them. Under the reasons why the last missionaries had dropped them we read things like, "don't waste your time, they wont change and are unprepared". At first it seemed as though we shouldn't waste our time and move on to better prospects. The Spirit filled the room and we knew that we needed to visit that family.  So we go visit them and after about 10 minutes they had baptismal dates and were super excited about the promised blessings of the Gospel, It was another testament of what our beloved Prophet said in his talk about "seeing them in white". I've always tried to do this as a missionary and the love I have for the Latino people is wonderful.

So a little bit about my new companion Elder Bybee. He is kinda like my last companion Elder Ellsworth, he is way quiet but always seems to be very in-tune with the Spirit. It is a joy to work with him and he has taught me so much. He is very supportive in my new leadership position and is always asking what he can do to help me out. He is from Salt Lake City, Utah , or as I like to call it "The Factory". He went to Brighton High School and is a BYU fan. We get along pretty well haha companionship inventories are always fun because we don't have any problems with each other. Oh and he is an awesome cook. Luckily we bike a lot so I am keeping all the weight off. But yeah, he is legit, maybe President will let me stay with a companion for 2 transfers.

Thanks again for the constant love you show me. You are always in my prayers. Have a wonderful week and remember to always act in ways to show our love for the Savior. For the day will come when He will ask all of us individually, "Lovest thou me?" May we live in accordance with the Gospel so that we might boldly and confidently answer our Redeemer at that day.

-- Les amo,
Elder Sanderson
Texas McAllen Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment