Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 12


                                                    10/01/2012

I have some crazy news, I am actually not getting transferred but am now the new District Leader up here. I am super scared and feel out of my league but the Lord prepares his servants...so I hope I am prepared. So My companion is leaving to go train up in Portland.  So I don't know anything about my new companion but hopefully he is awesome. President Trayner said in my interview that this Elder will really train me how to be a leader...not quite sure how to interpret that. Anyways I will meet him tomorrow and I'm excited. A new transfer is like starting over and I am looking forward to that.

This last Sunday was the baptism of Lilly Catherine Sallam and Isabell Garza Flores. These two women have wonderful testimonies of the Restored Gospel and it has been amazing to see it really change their lives. When I first meet Lilly, she had horrible anxiety and was even scared of us. Now, only 4 weeks later, she is the most sociable person ever and has really fit in well in the Ward. Isabell is the cutest abuelita (little grandma). She's the best. Every night we would call her to follow up on her reading of the Book of Mormon and she was always so excited to tell us she read from the "Mormon Book" and tell us all the new things she'd learned. Their baptisms went great, but our ward mission leader forgot to tell everyone who was supposed to speak so that was a little hectic as we were trying to find people to talk.

This past week the Lord truly blessed us with wonderful people to teach. One of our new investigators named Jose read about 50 pages in the B.o.M and wants to get baptized. He is just lazy and has a hard time getting to church. When we met him he was reading his Bible in Hebrews when it talks about God being the same then, now, forever. He asked us that if God is the same, then why are there so many churches? haha GOLDEN!!! We taught him the restoration and he just loves loves loves the Joseph Smith story. He said he wants to be just like him haha so legit. So yeah the Field is truly white and ready to harvest!

les amo,

---

Elder Sanderson
Texas McAllen Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment