Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 11


Familia,                                                                                   9/24/2012

Este semana fue una lucha creul con la cuidad de Kingsville!

Elder Ellsworth labored hard and the Lord did truly humble us this week. I feel as though we maybe slacked a little bit in our finding efforts because we had been having so much success lately. This Sunday we had 0 investigators attend church. Zero! Zilch, Nada haha! it was absolutely horrible and I felt like a failure. We even left right after the sacrament to go wake everyone up, but they used their agency and never even opened the door. It was heart-breaking and I have never felt so down, but that wasn't the end. We had been teaching a large family down in this small town called Ricardo. They were supposed to be baptized this Sunday :( anyways the father was never home for any of the lessons because he had been on an oil rig for the past 2 months. So when he got home and learned about them taking lessons, he blew up. When we came by to visit we received the most vile and harsh verbal bashing ever. The whole saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" is so lame. His words cut me to the core and as we got back in the car, Elder Ellsworth and I just sat there, defeated. Not only did all of our investigators miss church, but our most promising family is now unable to listen to the gospel. That night I was just furious and frustrated out of my mind. The Zone Leaders were just hounding me and I was so lost as to what to do. I was heart-broken like never before and I felt so far away from my Savior. I had reached my breaking point. The strong prompting to pray came and with the last once of faith I had left I fell to my knees and offered up I think the most humble prayer I have ever uttered. The answer came so clearly and the spirit whispered to me, "Elder Sanderson, now you understand how I feel when my children don't follow the commandments....now you know how I feel when you don't follow mine either."  A rush of peace flowed over me as I realized the essential lesson my Father was trying to teach me. I felt horrible guilt for even the smallest of sins I had committed now knowing the fraction of the pain it must cause my Father in Heaven when he sees me deviate from his divine plan.

So that was my spiritual moment of the week that I will never soon forget, I feel as though I have spiritually matured so much lately. On a happier note we had an awesome ward activity and a great turnout. Everyone loved it! The ward members are now a lot more open to letting us teach their friends and well as teaching lessons in their homes. This week is looking very promising and I feel confident the Lord will bless us abundantly. Hope all is well :) I love you all so much!

--
Elder Sanderson
Texas McAllen Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment