Thursday, June 21, 2012

Familia y Amigos!


Familia y Amigos!     6/7/2012

Its almost been a month since I've been in here haha time flys by so fast. It's crazy to think that I'm almost half way done with my MTC experience. Other missionaries tell me that once you get to about 6 weeks the MTC gets super hard because you want to be in the Field so bad. But so far I love it and its been going great. We got a new district again this Wednesday and once again I have to teach them and show them around with the other District Leaders. There are some pretty odd Missionaries, its always interesting how much they change in the first week after they have been severely humbled by their first investigator.

Talking about investigators, we had some legit ones visit our class! They were from Chile and were in Utah to check out the Church's welfare program. Then I guess one of the Members of the 12 told them about Missionary work and then they wanted to meet some. So the Church drove them down to Provo and out of all the districts here we got to teach them. There were 4 families and I was able to teach with my teacher Hermano Davis. He was such a stud missionary and it was such a comfort knowing he was my companion. We taught this young family of 5 about the Plan of Salvation. They loved it! There was one sketchy part thought when they kept saying that they cannot believe in a God that allows them to suffer so much. Hermano Davis told me that I should never be afraid of being bold, so I opened my mouth and hoped the spirit would direct. I told the mother, "Guadalupe, I don't know why all these bad things happened to you and I know you don't deserve it, but neither did Jesus Christ! He was the greatest being to walk this earth and yet he suffered more than we can ever imagine. I know God gives us trials so that he can humble us and direct us back towards him." I said it rather loud and was afraid that I might offend but there was a long moment of silence before the mother broke out in tears. Teaching with boldness has now become my favorite thing. It shows people that you have conviction and truly are passionate about what teach. We switched contact information with the family so that we could keep in touch. Hope that when they get back to Chile they will accept to follow the example of Jesus Christ.

Really nothing has been going on here in the MTC. We've had a few missionaries leave for home though which is sad. In my district we started out with 12 and are now down to 8. It's sad to watch kids go home, for some this is their second time coming here and then leaving. Hopefully some felt the Spirit here and want to come back. Love all of you and all the support you give me. Maybe next week I'll have some legit stuff to tell you.

Con Amor 
-Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment