Thursday, June 21, 2012

Familia!


Familia!                                                                                                   6/14/2012

Another week here at the MTC has just flown by! Only 3 1/2 more weeks and I'll be out in the Field! The times here have been so great though and I have been so blessed. As a district the past week we have spoken nothing but Spanish and I've maybe said about 10 English words in the last week. My Spanish has improved so much and its amazing what the gift of tongues will do. So if my grammar is super bad because I am trying to speak in English I am sorry.

We have received a new district again this past week so guess who had to train the new D.L.s and give them an orientation tour once again. Me! haha there are some really weird missionaries but they have wonderful testimonies and are really excited to be here and help build God's Kingdom. We are now a full zone with about 60 missionaries. My district is by far the smallest because we have been plagued my missionaries going home. We might get some more kids though that are excelling in Spanish so that should be neat.

So as a the dude that goes around and trains the younger group I have to interview all the Hermanas' and make sure that all their needs have been taken care of. haha its sometimes weird because they are older and usually so much my superior in the ways of the Gospel so its weird sometimes trying to council them and give them advice about their stay here at the MTC. There is Hermana Thompson though and she is awesome! K so her dad went on a mission to Argentina, went back a few years later for a service mission, found her mother and were married. They then decided to live in Argentina and so that's why she has such an American name. Anyways she is fluent in Spanish and is going to Spain but her English is very limited. So even though she can move up to advanced Spanish, she wants to stay with us and help us with our Spanish if we help her with English. So during my language study, Hermano Davis and I try and teach her Spanish and then after she helps my with my pronunciation. Thus I know have a sick Argentinian accent. For instance llama in normal Spanish is pronounced (yama) but in Argentina they pronounce it (shama). So hopefully I develop this accent because it sounds awesome!

I had to teach Priesthood this last week about comparing ourselves to others. Here is a some of it that I really liked :

Elder Holland taught us to be quick to rejoice in the triumphs of others and to not be self-centered. At times, we judge ourselves or compare ourselves with others. Sometimes we are tempted to look at the accomplishments or progress of another and question why we have not accomplish that same feat or been called to that same position of service. In so doing, we fall prey to a tactic of the adversary. Elder Holland taught:

"Brothers and sisters, there are going to be times in our lives when someone else gets an unexpected blessing or receives some special recognition. May I plead with us not to be hurtand certainly not to feel enviouswhen good fortune comes to another person? We are not diminished when someone else is added upon. We are not in a race against each other to see who is the wealthiest or the most talented or the most beautiful or even the most blessed. The race we are really in is the race against sin, and surely envy is one of the most universal of those."

- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, "The Laborers in the Vineyard", General Conference, Apr. 2012.

Remember that "the race is not to the swift, not the battle to the strong." (Eccl. 9:11). Endurance and perseverance are important traits of a disciple. We will be judged by what we do with what we have been given. Our race is the race against our own carnal and devilish self. Each day we must become better, more faithful and disciplined disciples of Christ.

Love you all so Much! Thank you for you letters and for letting me know how your life is. It helps me to forget myself and focus on others. Have a wonderful week!

con amor

-Elder Craig Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment