Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Week 7


Familia y Amigos,                                                                                                                  8/27/2012

This past week has been pretty nuts but I have grown a lot as a Missionary. Transfers were this last Tuesday and so I finally got to meet my new companion Elder Ellsworth. He is a pretty cool kid but he and I are complete opposites. Our only thing in common is that we are missionaries. He is super quiet as well and so we always have this weird, awkward silence. I speak to him only in Spanish and he seems to open up a little more because he likes helping me with my grammar. I have been super stressed out though. I am only 7 weeks out and I am the Senior Companion in my area. I have no idea what to do because Ellsworth just kinda goes with the flow. So I lead off all the lessons and teach the majority of the time because he doesn't like to talk. At least my teaching skills have really improved. But yeah, I have been super stressed but the Lord has really helped me gain confidence and this next week I think I will be a lot more comfortable. All in all Elder Ellsworth is a great missionary that will hopefully teach me a lot. President thinks pretty highly of him so that helps as well.

This week, up in a small town called Alice, the gang "Latin Kings" and the drug cartel "Los Zetas" have declared war on each other. I guess that some Latin king got shot and so yeah its getting pretty crazy over there. There are a pair of Alice elders that have been moved and are now living with us while all of this is going on. Its been a lot of fun having them here. The Latin Kings are starting to move over into Kingsville. They like us though. One even bought us a Whataburger haha, but also one drove up and demanded my watch, idk why but yeah I am now watch-less haha. I was scared out of my mind, I was with Elder Hunt at the time and he tried teaching the dude while he was mugging me haha. But yeah we are pretty tight with the gang and they even offered us protection as long as we don't teach them haha.

The Brodnax family got baptized this week!!!! So awesome. It was cool to see an entire family get baptized. The lame thing was is that they moved across the street so they were in the other elders area so they counted as their baptisms. Anyways it was an awesome day for the ward and I think everyone is getting pretty excited about missionary work.

So about the broken wrist, Elder Porter and I were moving in a new family and we were carrying this huge dresser. It was crazy heavy and I thought some of the screws in my shoulder where going to pop out haha. Anyways Elder Porter tripped and dropped the dresser and it fell right on my wrist. Its not a bad fracture and so I wont be in a cast too long. Pues esta todo bien :)

Thank you for all your letters and letting me know what is going on in your lives :) Love you all so much

con amor

Elder Sanderson
McAllen Texas Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment