Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Week 5


Familia y amigos,                                                                                                                       8/13/2012

Sorry that it has been a while since I last wrote. Last week a Recent Convert named Stan took us up to Corpus Christi on P-day so I never really got time to write an email, so hopefully this one does not disappoint.

Corpus Christi was super fun! Definitely want to go back and visit that place when I get the chance. We went to the Texas State Aquarium and it was pretty neat. They had a lot of areas where you could interact with the animals there. I got to pet sharks, sting rays, dolphins, and even build a home for this hermit crab. Corpus Christi is super humid so I almost died out in the sun. We then went souvenir shopping in this little shack that one of our members owns. She's awesome and gave us some sweet stuff. So once I get the chance I will be sure to send some of the things we got. We then went to the first ever Whataburger. Whataburger I think is the Southern impersonation of In-and-Out burger. Its pretty good but I'll take a double-double animal style any day. So I'll definitely send some pictures of my trip.

So more on the missionary side of things, Santa Gertrudis is on fire haha. This next Sunday we are baptizing 5 and I am so stoked. The Broadnax family just moved into the area a few weeks ago, they were super prepared and it will be nice to see them make this act of faith. The other is an investigator we have been working with since I have arrived here. His name is Lucas and is the coolest man ever! Luke is so faithful to the Gospel he even quit his job and found a new one so that he could have Monday nights off for FHE! What a saint haha. Usually we try to get members of the ward to baptize the new converts so they have a fellow shipper, but Luke really wants me to. So nervous but so stoked at the same time. I will definitely have some pictures for you next week.

Found out some bummer news though this week. Elder Porter has been called to be a Zone Leader and so can no longer be my trainer. It sucks because we finally were getting into a good rhythm, the members love us and trust us with their best friends, and we have some baptisms lined up that he wont be here for. He has been super down about it, there is a chance that he could get called to the Sinton Zone of Corpus Christi Zone so that he could still attend the baptisms. Hopefully it all works out and I don't get a lame companion haha. Most missionaries here are pretty awesome, but there is always a few that turn into robots because they forget to still be themselves.

So that's whats been going on here in good ol' South Texas. Hope everything is wonderful at home :) Love you all so much and thanks for the love and support you show me. Have a wonderful week!

¡Con un fuerte abrazo y mucho amor y éxito!

Elder Sanderson
Texas McAllen Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment