Friday, May 25, 2012

Familia!


May 24, 2012
Mi Familia!
 

Hows it been going in Idaho? Any fun news? Mom told me a list things that I needed so here it goes 1. a need a pair of good flip flops, the pair you sent me on the first day broke on the 2nd haha, my roommate has been letting me borrow his so yeah some nice slides or something would be great! and thats really all I need. Thanks for the food! My zone really enjoyed it

 

A lot has happened this past week and its flown by so fast thats its hard to remember it all. We "baptized" on of our progressing investigators and received a new one called Ariel this past week. We went into the lesson wanting to get to know him better and he just absolutely humbled us. We got no where with him and with my limited Spanish it was hard to explain to him the Gospel when he had so many questions. He had taken his son to a Catholic priest to get his new born son baptized and they told him no, so he is pretty cold to Christians. He invited us back and didn't drop us so he must've thought we can still maybe teach him something.

 

This week we had our first Teaching Recourse Training (TRC) and it went amazing. Its when we have the opportunity to sit down with members of the Church and give them a lesson on what we feel they might need. We have never met these people before so we use the Spirit to help direct us to thier needs. Just prior to going to TRC I was reading in Predicad Mi Envagelio under the section about asking inspired questions. My companions (now consisting of Elder Barth and Elder Handy) and I prayed that we might ask inspired question. So we sat down with this sister named Mariah and began getting to know her. Elder Barth and Handy were asking amazing questions and soon it was my turn. I had no idea what I should say but I remembered that in Moses 6 God promised Enoch that if he just opened his mouth, it would be filled. So I opened my mouth and asked, "How is your health?" My companions gave me funny looks and I felt dumb because it seemed like such an odd question. Mariah broke into tears. She has suffered a car accident a few months ago and it has caused her much pain and she now has heart problems. It was amazing because then we could teach her about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how it heals all wounds. Such an amazing experience that I hope never to forget.

 

Elder Ronald A. Rasband taught the devotional this last Tuesday night and it was so amazing! He talked about the Holy Ghost and the converting power that it has. He gave us a 3 step formula to have the Spirit always with us: 1. Bridle our Passions, 2. Let Virtue garnish our thoughts unceasingly, 3. Ask for the Holy Ghost! This applies to all of us and not just missionaries. Many of us have to make major decisions everyday and God has offered us direction, the real question is, will we accept it? I know this is only possible through the Spirit. 

 

I met the Freemans the past week and President Oswald. They are such wonderful people and it was such a tender mercy to be able to see them. They sent me a package with a small book in it. Inside was a letter about the book. The book is called "The Book of Evidences" in this book they told me to write down when I have seen "Evidence" of the Lord in my life. The prophets had did the same and really thats all we are studying, "Evidences" of God's work amongst his children. I've already seen so many miracles these past few weeks. Its amazing how many tender mercies our Heavenly Father blesses us with. He is so much more willing to pour us out more blessings when we acknowledge them. 

 

Love you all so much and I love reading your letters. I re-read them often and they keep me motivated....so keep them coming! Always seek to have the Lord walk with you and I know you will be blessed. I want the scripture Moses 6:32-34 on my mission thingy, I think it is so powerful!  Love you all!

 

Con amor

-Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment