Friday, September 6, 2013

July 29, 2013

Sanderson Family,

So glad to hear of all the good time you are having without me haha who would've thought that it was even possible ;) I'll be honest and say I miss boating on the river and please don't let Nathan break my wake board, its the closest thing to a child I have. 

This week we had the wonderful baptism of Jennifer Luna! It was an awesome service and it was even Elder Killpack's first baptism. haha he was so excited and giddy all day. So excited that he messed up on the baptismal prayer like 5 times haha. We forgot to rehearse that before. But he did awesome! I ended up doing the talk on baptism and even played the interlude music on the piano. Surprised mom? I was....I haven't practiced my entire mission haha. I finally had an opportunity to use that talent I developed over all those painful years ;)  Saturday we got permission to travel to the Jail and meet Robert, It was so awesome to see him. Robert has been exercising to keep his mind off the marijuana and so he's looking pretty good. He figures he will be in there another 2 months or so. Hopefully I am still here for that. He is one of the greatest people I know and it was hard to see him cry. I feel sorry for him and hope everything goes well for him. He is in a cell with 7 other men and he has made them so interested in the Book of Mormon that Friday we are going by again to drop of like 30 copies that they can handout to the inmates there. 

This coming week we are doing what we call a "mini mission" in my area. Its where they send 16-18 yr old young men out to our apartment and they live with us and work with us for a week. I believe I am getting 2 youth from La Joya. It should be alot of fun. Elder Killpack is a little nervous because he will go off on his own with a "mini missionary" and work by himself. definitely a growing experience. It should be alot of fun. We have a ton of lessons set up with members and less-actives so hopefully we can make it fun for them. The members are starting to let us come over more now. I think its because they see that we are hard-workers and are serious about the work. Member missionary work is the most effective way of doing things so hopefully we start picking things up in our area. 

Love you all :)

Elder Sanderson
Texas McAllen Misson

No comments:

Post a Comment